Kingdom of Hyrule
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom of Hyrule

Enter the Legend

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marionette

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mallorie
Veteran
Mallorie

Female
Number of posts : 13173
Right now I'm probably : Hither and thither
Quotable? : Love; love is a verb. Love is a doing word...
Some stuff that interests me : Blogging, cheerleading, computers, literature.
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Marionette Empty
PostSubject: Marionette   Marionette Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:05 am

"A puppet is not an actor and a puppet theatre is not human theatre in miniature,
because when an actor 'represents', a puppet 'is'." - David Currell

Name: Indeterminable. Known to others as Marionette

Race: Marionette puppet. A sentient marionette puppet.

Powers: Marionette is capable of speaking and moving for herself--something that was not supposed to happen.

Appearance: Marionette My_eye10

Personality: This is where one runs into trouble, for Marionette does not, in essence, have a personality. She has dozens of them. Puppets become characters, brought to life by their puppeteer’s hands. They are not one person--they are many. This wouldn’t ordinarily be a problem--except Marionette is alive. Each character that Marionette was used for, she became, and as such, does not have a definitive personality to call her own. Depending on her environment, she goes through personality changes from subtle mood swings to drastic shifts in behavior, all based on how closely her situation resembles a past role’s. Most of the time, she is complacent, mild-mannered and submissive, as most characters she ‘became’ were damsel-in-distress types or innocent maidens. However, her darker roles manifest themselves when instances she encounters in real life resemble scenarios from the story she was in. Anything can trigger these personality shifts, from someone saying something that resembles a line from a play, to being in an area reminiscent of scenery on a particular tale’s stage, making this seemingly sweet puppet truly dangerous.
History: A long, long time ago, there was a magnificent puppet-maker whose crafts were world-renowned and widely regarded to be the most exquisite ever to exist. However, he was constantly challenging himself to make better and better puppets. Each one that he made was more beautiful and more capable of fluid motion than the last. That’s when he decided that he would take things a step further…

For weeks, he toiled over her. The perfect puppet--his magnum opus. Once completed, he used her in shows throughout the world. Her lifelike movements and almost human carriage captivated audiences everywhere. In fact, she was so real, that people began to wonder if she was a puppet after all…As time passed, the puppeteer began to obsess over his creation, treating her as though she were a person. Little by little, she came to life. Her creator and audience believed her to be real--and so real she became. Almost.

At first, the puppet-maker was thrilled that his cherished doll had become animated, as this set the stage for more elaborate puppet shows. All he need do was act as if he was manipulating her--she did the rest. But as time wore on, something began to go wrong. Marionette was never out of character--it went so far as that when called by the name he’d given her, she would not respond. She would only acknowledge him by names of the roles she portrayed, or by ‘marionette’. Proper conversations were impossible. One moment, he would say how lovely the apple trees were in bloom, and suddenly, she would mime taking a bite and fainting onto the floor. If he should make a comment about her hair, she would demand that he take hold and climb up to her, despite the fact that she was much smaller than he. The puppeteer found it strange to be sure, but also enchanting, and thought no more of it. But he soon made a mistake…one he would come to regret…

His regular audiences began to demand Marionette in different kinds of roles--they were tired of seeing her as princesses or fairies. And so, the puppeteer began to give Marionette new characters, from a cold-hearted assassin in an adventure story, to a troubled woman with a thirst for blood. The more dark tales she starred in, the more characters she ‘became’. And it wasn’t until too late that the puppeteer realized what he’d done…

People began to report strange incidents of being attacked by a miniature person. Authorities dismissed the victims as people who were attention-starved or superstitious or even insane--until here and there, people came up missing, or worse, they were found dead. It didn’t take the puppeteer long to figure out what had happened. Even through his thick veil of adoration, he realized that Marionette was not a person, but exactly what she had been created to be--a puppet.

Though it pained him, he locked Marionette away in a box, vowing never to let her back into the light of day. He gave up puppets, and disappeared into seclusion, where it is presumed he died alone.
And somewhere, a little marionette in a stained wooden box is sleeping…waiting…and still alive…
Back to top Go down
https://kingdomofhyrulekoh.niceboard.com
Mikaioalani
Administrator
Mikaioalani

Female
Number of posts : 5430
Right now I'm probably : in Ridenbaugh hall, practicing my heart out.
Quotable? : The heart is genderless. What can I do but love?
Some stuff that interests me : FLUTE OMG MASTERY YES!
Registration date : 2007-04-11

Marionette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marionette   Marionette Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:18 am

....GLEN!

Uh... sorry.

Approvified! Against my better judgement, I have approvified this monster.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://toffee-arioso.blogspot.com/
Mallorie
Veteran
Mallorie

Female
Number of posts : 13173
Right now I'm probably : Hither and thither
Quotable? : Love; love is a verb. Love is a doing word...
Some stuff that interests me : Blogging, cheerleading, computers, literature.
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Marionette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marionette   Marionette Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:19 am

Haha you will regret it. XD
Back to top Go down
https://kingdomofhyrulekoh.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

Marionette Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marionette   Marionette Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marionette
Page 1 of 1